|Title:||Industrial Electrician $35.30|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
The transition to Sumitomo Rubber USA brings exciting new opportunities for the Company's existing and prospective employees in Western New York. Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd., whose Global Headquarters is located in Kobe, Japan, has a rich and successful history dating back to 1909. This trend is set to continue with the Company's formal entrance into North America through the former Goodyear Dunlop Tires North America, Ltd. facility, and through planned investments into the Company's infrastructure, manufacturing processes, and work force. Over the next five years, Sumitomo Rubber Industries will invest over $87 Million dollars into the manufacturing facility, doubling the plant’s current tire capacity in some product areas.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
- Inspect, troubleshoot and correct faults that appear in the electrical and controls equipment including, but not limited to; programmable controllers and associated I/O devices, AC and DC Motor controls, servo motor controls, process instrumentation and process controls, temperature controls, computer based controls and interface equipment SCADA and HMI applications.
- Troubleshoot and replace defective control components including photoelectric and magnetic switches, solenoids and relays.
- Maintain electrical equipment such as wiring, switches, switchboards and electrical mechanisms, in good repair and operating condition.
- Measures, cuts, threads, bends, assembles and installs electrical conduit. Draws wire through conduit, installs and connects equipment to wiring system. Tests circuits for continuity and proper connections.
- Performs proper sequence of switching duties in sub-stations and reads meters.
- Works to directive of supervision and performs other related duties as required.
- AAS in Electrical Technology Preferred or five (5) years Industrial Electrical experience (not installation).
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of industrial controls networking including IP Networking.
- Knowledge of PLC Systems, safety controls and safety devices and process controls.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of machine technology, construction and operation.
- Understanding of standard electrical test equipment.
- Understanding of AC/DC currents, circuits, conductors and terminology.
- Ability to read, interpret and work from blueprints, sketches, layouts, circuit diagrams or specifications.
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA and other required safety requirements, especially those related to electrical/electronic operations and components.
- Ability to stand/walk on concrete floors, work in extreme temperatures (hot and cold), and perform physically demanding work in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work at heights of ten (10) feet or greater.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Understanding of a variety of controls and platforms including A-B ControlLogix and Modicon 984 ladder logic.
- Knowledge of various sizes and uses of different kinds of conduit , fittings, joints and equipment for channeling services throughout the plant
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.