|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Please note, the intention of this posting is to collect applicants for a variety of production positions to meet current and future hiring needs. By applying for this position, you will be entered into a pool of candidates to be considered at a point in the future where hiring needs permit. You will be contacted if/when you are being considered for a active opening.
The production workforce supports the tire manufacturing process. Various Machine Operator and General Labor roles available.
Essential Functions/ Duties (may include but are not limited to):
- Operates manufacturing equipment or performs general laborer work that supplies raw materials, products or service associated with the manufacture and processing of tires
- Maintains required product inspection processes
- Position may require lifting/carrying product weighing 50-75 pounds repeatedly period
- This position requires walking or standing most of the time during your shift
- Operate and monitor equipment/line, removing or shifting materials and/or finished product as necessary to facilitate proper flow and machine operation.
- Ensure product quality
- Operate manufacturing equipment efficiently and safely
- Clean equipment and area during and after shift
- Maintain clean work area through good housekeeping practices
- Expedite repairs to line, working with maintenance as necessary
- Observes all safety rules
- Maintains daily record of production, lot assurance, SPC, delays, etc.
- Encourage and promote harmony and cooperation among other department members to ensure maximum operating efficiency
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Job-Specific physical work capabilities
- Successful completion of a background check and drug test
- At least two (2) years of continuous employment
- Must be willing to work all shifts (nights, weekends, and fluctuating shifts)
- Must qualify on all sections of pre-employment test
- Employees will need the manual dexterity and safety awareness to use tools and factory machines, the physical strength to lift and move heavy equipment
- Employees must be able to stand for most of their shift
- Time management is helpful in organizing work and finishing it on schedule
- Good interpersonal skills
- Manufacturing experience
- Consistent reliable work history
- The job is within a heavy industrial environment and you may be required to work within various areas of the factory
- The position requires you to work a continuous operation, which will include Saturdays and Sundays. The position also requires you to work overtime as needed
- This facility requires that you wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This includes steel toe boots, safety glasses, hearing protection and hat
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.