|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Responsible for ensuring that SRUSA is in compliance with all environment requirements outlined in Federal, State, and Local laws & regulations instituted and administered by various Government Agencies. Responsible for the management of all assigned projects including administration coordination of design and direction of the installation of equipment at the facility. Responsible for implementation and upkeep of ISO14001 environmental quality program and plant-wide energy conservation program
Reports to: EHS Manager
- Maintains a working knowledge of all applicable environmental regulations and assesses their effect on the facility and is responsible for assuring maintenance of compliance.
- Performs periodic inspections as required by law and SRUSA policies, and implements corrective actions to maintain compliance with environmental regulations
- Responsible for auditing Business Centers’ compliance programs, inspection records, mandatory record keeping and permits.
- Ensures that requirements are established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the International Standard (ISO14001). Reports the performance of the system to top management for review and as a basis for improvement of the system. Acts as the Management Representative for the Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Maintains an environmental file for all required records, permits and support documentation to demonstrate compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Implements and reviews the application of environmental policies and action plans as required by Corporate policy and to assist Corporate Environmental Engineering personnel in preparing compliance strategies.
- Obtains and reviews environmental permits and registrations as required and manages the hazardous waste, air, solid waste, and spill prevention programs.
- Provides and documents environmental training provided to SRUSA personnel as required by SRUSA policies and Government regulations.
- Evaluates, plans, designs, supervises and implements the installation of capital and expense projects as directed.
- Reviews all capital appropriations to ensure proper environmental compliance.
- Updates management with regular and concise status reports and recommends for approval, policy and operational changes.
- Responsible for monitoring the plant’s energy indicators.
- Assist in developing and implementing an energy conservation program and an energy utilization improvement strategy.
- Is committed to and promotes "Excellence Through Teamwork" throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS Environmental Engineering or related field.
- 10 –12 years of Environmental Engineering work experience; preferably within the Tire industry.
- ISO certification experience required.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented.
- Successfully able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communications skills
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.