|Title:||Area Manager (Production Supervisor)|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
The transition to Sumitomo Rubber USA brings exciting new opportunities for the Company's existing and prospective employees in Western New York. Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd., whose Global Headquarters is located in Kobe, Japan, has a rich and successful history dating back to 1909. This trend is set to continue with the Company's formal entrance into North America through the former Goodyear Dunlop Tires North America, Ltd. facility, and through planned investments into the Company's infrastructure, manufacturing processes, and work force. Over the next five years, Sumitomo Rubber Industries will invest over $87 Million dollars into the manufacturing facility, doubling the plant’s current tire capacity in some product areas.
Position Summary: The Area Manager provides direct supervision and leadership to shift operations through the planning, organization, and direction of resources, including labor and materials, in order to directly impact plant operating metrics.
Reports to: Production Manager
- Maintain the smooth and timely flow of plant production ensuring quality product is delivered to the next operation and customer.
- Through the management of the assigned business area, drive Business Center strategies to the floor level, supporting business goals of the operation including cost, quality safety, and delivery.
- Coach, develop, and support hourly associates. Hold associates accountable for attainment of objectives.
- Ensure that all regulations and Company policies are followed to create a safe and clean work environment.
- Train and motivate associates to gain efficiency with respect to maximum productivity and superior quality.
- Schedule and coordinate team meetings to accomplish departmental goals and objectives.
- Maintain positive and constructive reinforcement and review of individual work records, safety, workmanship, attendance, and production.
- Develop, maintain and provide continuous improvement of this business area team.
- HS Diploma or GED Required.
- Advanced degree (AAS or BA/BS) preferred.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a manufacturing or similar environment.
- Minimum 2 years in a leadership role preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in high stress situations.
- Flexibility in schedule availability is required to support continuous operations, including nights and weekends.
- Requires the demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills. Knowledge of HR functions, safety, budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word and Access software applications.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.