|Title:||Tire Design Technician|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Sumitomo Rubber USA manufactures and sells a wide range of automotive tires in the US and internationally. Located in Tonawanda, NY (a suburb of Buffalo) our growing 1,200 employee workforce produces over 4 Million tires annually for a variety of applications such as passenger cars, trucks, buses and motorcycles.
The transition to Sumitomo Rubber USA brings exciting new opportunities for the Company's existing and prospective employees in Western New York. Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd., whose Global Headquarters is located in Kobe, Japan, has a rich and successful history dating back to 1909. This trend is set to continue with the Company's formal entrance into North America through planned investments into the Company's infrastructure, manufacturing processes, and work force. Over the next five years, Sumitomo Rubber Industries will invest over $87 Million dollars into the manufacturing facility, doubling the plant's current tire capacity in some product areas.
Tire Design Technician - Motorcycle, Passenger Car, Light Truck, Truck and Bus
Reports to: Motorcycle and/or PC/LT/TB Groups
Position Summary: Supports the Tire Design group through participation in plant transfer and new tire development design activities.
- Assist in the Design and development of new Dunlop, Falken and Sumitomo brand tires in support of Sumitomo Rubber USA's Business Plan.
Prepare CAD drawings, tire specifications and test requests for new, prototype and transfer tires
Manage development and release documentation in accordance with active procedures and standards
Communicate with materials and compounds development personnel to develop a general knowledge of tire materials properties and their influences on tire performance
Communicate with manufacturing personnel to develop general knowledge of manufacturing process capabilities and limitations, including any development tire build monitoring as required
Assist in the management of development product storage and movements
- Participate in any outdoor vehicle tire testing as required.
- Be cognizant of the importance of the business's relationships with Sumitomo Rubber USA's Original Equipment partners, and constantly strive to exceed their expectations
- Develop knowledge of competitive products and industry innovations.
- Be an active cross-functional team player with adjacent functions including manufacturing and sales and marketing.
- Be committed and promote adherence to all internal and external compliance standards, including TS16949, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Associates degree, or relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
AutoCad, Catia V5 or related 3D CAD experience required.
Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.