|Title:||Technology Team Leader (Quality)|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Technology Team Leader (Quality)
Position Summary: Responsible to lead, direct and control Business Center efforts to meet technical and quality requirements as defined by plant and Business Center goals collaborating with the Business Center Manager. Responsible for operation of center, including safety, quality, profitability, productivity, cost, waste, employee relations, maintenance, training and housekeeping.
Reports to: Works Technical Manager
Leads the Center's technical and manufacturing processes to meet and exceed production targets and waste reduction. Plan and organize courses of action to meet future needs and goals.
Develops, implements, enforces, and audits work procedures which ensure quality products at an economical cost.
Enforces Quality, legal compliance, and technical standards of the product, process and material for the Business Center.
Works closely with business unit and plant management to drive continuous improvement efforts within the business unit, identifying production issues and providing potential corrective action initiatives.
Ensures product quality meets or exceeds customer and federal requirements.
Audits, analyzes and makes recommendations to ensure systems and processes are followed and to solve for issues related to product quality and uniformity.
Establishes specifications and calibration standards for equipment (extruder, calendar, curing bladders, etc) and provides technical expertise as needed.
Develops organization and associate leadership and technical competencies.
Insure that all employees within their functional centers are properly trained in their respective areas of responsibility.
Is committed to and promotes "Excellence through Teamwork" throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree In Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of technical leadership experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a union environment is preferred.
- Requires the ability to manage a variety of concurrent projects.
- Strong communication, business, analytical and planning skills.
- Technical knowledge related to equipment processes and operation of equipment.
- Knowledge of customer requirements related to product quality.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications.
- Knowledge and application of SAP systems experience a plus.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA . (Goodyear Dunlop Tires North America, Ltd.) offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at http://careers.sumitomorubber-usa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.