|Title:||Shift Operations Manager|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Responsible for leading the assigned shift operation in the achievement of established safety, waste, cost and utilization goals through the coordination of resources, strategic collaboration with other team members, and addressing issues/roadblocks as they arise.
- Coordinates and directs assigned technical, maintenance and production functions to maximize operational efficiency.
- Leads daily production meetings with all Section Managers at the beginning and end of shift.
- Oversees, directs and prioritizes general supervisory functions of the plant including reassignment of manpower.
- Communicates safety issues between departments on shift and verifies proper action for safety issues on shift.
- Communicates with Section Managers throughout shift regarding waste and defective scrap generation. Reviews waste results at the end of the shift meeting and develops countermeasures with Section Managers.
- Monitors equipment problems and communicates with Managers to expedite selections. Notifies Business Center Maintenance Manager when help is required. (Maintenance or Engineering)
- Assists, advises, and responds to questions and directs all salary personnel on shift to maximize production efficiency.
- Creates and maintains harmony among all associates and assures the application of all established employee relation policies.
- Assists, advises and directs Section Managers with any employee relation issue.
- Assumes responsibility for quality on back shifts and weekends.
- Recommends improvements and modifications in organization, procedures, methods, policies, standards, machines and equipment to improve productivity.
- Monitors and assures compliance to kanban rules.
- Follows-up and completes requests from Business Center Managers and Technology Team Leaders.
- Monitors shift activities between Stock Prep, Tire Building, Curing and Finishing maximizing productivity.
- Monitors changeover compliance in tire building and assists in process. Assures compliance to balance-out procedures.
- Collects balance-out production data from tire building and curing. Strives to eliminate no-tire losses in curing.
- Issues daily shift report to managers in the areas of safety, attendance, waste and production results.
- Daily review of plant issues with incoming Shift Manager.
- Is committed to and promotes "Excellence Through Teamwork" throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree preferred (Engineering, Business, or related field), experience in lieu of degree considered.
- 5-8 years' working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a union environment is highly preferred.
- Specific experience in tire manufacturing processes desired.
- SPC and auditing techniques desired.
- Flexibility in schedule availability is required to support continuous operations, including nights and weekends.
- Requires the demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills. Knowledge of HR functions, safety, budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word and Access software applications.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.