|Title:||Vehicle Test Engineer|
|Location :||Huntsville, AL|
Position Summary: Supports all HPG and off-site tire testing for vehicle tire development – pcr/ltr.
Reports to: HPG Manager
Performs and supports the testing of development tires through test driving and reporting.
Preparation and tear down of vehicle tests which includes; vehicle acquisition and setup, mounting and balancing tires, equipment installation.
Prepare and present comprehensive evaluation results through detailed reporting to SRI and Buffalo development engineers.
Under direction of HPG leadership, liaison with SRI test groups and OEM through joint testing and training.
Do whatever is necessary to support all functional activity at HPG.
- Assists in the organization and maintenance of the HPG testing service area and warehouse.
- Daily shop upkeep – housekeeping duties and facility security.
- Provide assistance to higher level engineers in all testing and traveling when necessary.
- Assists in the transactions involved with the shipping and receiving of test tires, rims and related equipment.
- Assists shop technicians in test setup and breakdown.
- Operate to a defined test priority sheet issued by technical development and HPG leadership.
- Participates in the maintenance of equipment used for tire testing.
- Maintain circuit and facility equipment – sprinklers, cones, track cleaning, electric gate….etc.
- Supports marketing, sales, and motorsports events as requested, travel may be required.
- Responsible for any other additional duties as assigned by Management.
- Work to highest levels of safety and quality – follow all IATF standards.
- Active involvement in all IATF audit activity.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical or Engineering degree preferred / High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years’ experience in the tire or automotive industry – relevant experience, autocross, club / professional racing or race team participation.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, common sense, and good reasoning skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office programs and technical report writing formats.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with diplomacy and tact.
- Must be able to stand, sit, move, and use fingers for extended periods of time. Will require working primarily on a level hard surface, reaching above shoulder heights and below the waist, as well as lifting to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to travel and work weekends. Travel time 50%.