|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Proactive member of the Legal Team primarily responsible for contract management, compliance, and coordination with internal personnel. Acts as a legal resource for a variety of legal issues and needs throughout the organization
Reports to: VP-Legal, General Counsel
- Assist in negotiating, drafting, and executing agreements and contracts.
- Offer counsel on a variety of legal issues to internal personnel and advise General Counsel accordingly.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates.
- Assist in training internal personnel on substantive legal topics.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance.
- Corporate secretarial duties, including preparation of Board resolutions and maintaining appropriate records.
- Provide in-depth analysis and application of various state/local statutes and regulations.
- Support the company’s internal compliance review processes.
- Analyze and summarize complicated legal documents and prepare detailed reports and memoranda.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP-Legal, General Counsel.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- J.D. and admission to the New York Bar.
- Must have 3-6 years of experience gained in law firm and/or in-house.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining strong relationships working across divisions and with external organizations.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-manage workload.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word & Excel software applications.
- Demonstrated good judgement and decision making ability.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality in matters of significance.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.