|Title:||Continuous Improvement Specialist|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Responsible for the implementation and management of Continuous Improvement (CI) activities throughout their assigned Business Center. Interact with all levels of Plant personnel to provide expertise, leadership, and advice throughout the Business Center in the development and deployment of CI methodologies.
Reports to: Business Center Manager/CI Manager
- Assists the Business Center team in leading the organization through a cultural change to an environment of continuous improvement.
- Coach and educate Business Center personnel at all levels on the use of CI and LEAN tools.
- Plan, deploy and lead CI projects that will produce significant cost savings, productivity improvement, quality improvement and improved manufacturing efficiency.
- Organize, design, implement, and lead CI activities that will positively impact SRUSA’s business process.
- Justify the allocation of resources to CI activities and projects through the use of data and articulate return on investment
- Create, communicate and present project status reports to provide credibility and visibility to CI initiatives.
- Be an unwavering advocate for CI methodology providing mentoring and support to all associates and leadership teams to bring about the necessary cultural changes within the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or other related field of study; experience considered in lieu of degree. Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of experience working in a continuous improvement environment.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, practical experience in a manufacturing environment and good problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently create functional and cost-effective designs that meet complex specification requirements.
- General understanding of internal economic factors (cost margins, profit impact of decisions) affecting assigned areas.
- Knowledge of CI and LEAN tools and has demonstrated experience in implementation of CI and LEAN methodologies.
- Shows evidence of ability to guide and mentor others and demonstrates some degree of leadership ability.
- Demonstrated ability to train others in the use of CI and LEAN tools.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at sumitomorubberusa.com.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.