|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Associate Electrical Engineer
Position Summary: Assists in providing regular support to production and maintenance in the troubleshooting and resolution of electrical issues, specifically PLC controls, while also providing electrical support to and managing projects related to equipment reliability and ongoing multi-year expansion project initiatives throughout the facility.
Reports to: Reliability Manager
- Assist in the technical support to production and plant Maintenance personnel for electrical needs on troubleshooting, project initiatives, as well as improvement projects. This includes support of larger engineering department capital project initiatives, including equipment installations and factory automation efforts.
- Researches, identifies, and implements initiatives directed to improve equipment reliability.
- Engages in continuous learning of electrical engineering skill sets that are relevant to the position.
- Controls all phases of assigned projects, working with members of other departments as needed to complete various tasks.
- Participates in the troubleshooting, modification and repair of existing manufacturing equipment in order to improve methods and equipment operation to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Provides technical support and assistance to maintenance personnel, production supervision and operators.
- Collects, calculates, and analyzes data in support of production activities and prepares reports on findings, making recommendations to Engineering and Production Management.
- Ensures implementation of manufacturing procedures according to company safety and regulatory standards.
- Implements preventative maintenance programs.
- Conducts formal and informal meetings to recommend and monitor proposals / projects.
- Create, implement, and monitor key performance indicators and metrics.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 1 year hands-on working experience.
- Prior experience with PLC systems, variable frequency drives, servo drives preferred.
- May require working on off shifts.
- Ability to manage projects, priorities, contractors, and the tasks of others.
- Experience with SAP and Microsoft Project preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computerized layout, spreadsheet and database management.
- Requires strong communication, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to understand plant layouts, capital estimating, associate-man computations, tire manufacturing equipment processes.
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft excel & word.
- Ideal candidates will be ambitious, self-motivated individuals with a strong demonstrated aptitude and interest in hands-on work.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.