|Title:||Operations Manager, Huntsville Proving Grounds|
|Location :||Huntsville, AL|
Position Summary: Manage and execute the completion of all aspects of operations management at Sumitomo Rubber USA's Proving Grounds located in Huntsville, Alabama.
Reports to: Senior Vice President
- Lead and direct the responsibilities of Huntsville Proving Grounds Technicians to maximize all team-based goals and objectives. Strategize and direct operations management, ensuring the on-time completion of all business objectives within the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate and direct Proving Ground expansion projects, making detailed budgetary plans to accomplish goals and comply with AOP targets. Participate in contract creation. Liaise with - and provide information to - the Testing Manager, Senior VP-Technical, and other Tonawanda-based members for inclusion into SRUSA's capex and AOP plans.
- Identify and make recommendations for Proving Grounds continual improvements. Analyze resource requirements to plan and assess the feasibility of new projects.
- Conduct supervisory and leadership responsibilities in accordance with SRUSA's policies and applicable laws. These will include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work, setting goals, managing expectations, appraising performance/competence, rewarding and disciplining associates, addressing complaints and resolving any day-to-day issues.
- Direct and coordinate all applicable activities to maximize services and customer expectations. Act as a resource and advisor to Tonawanda-based associates.
- Understand the confidentiality of certain Proving Grounds activities. Protect SRUSA's and OEM's Intellectual Property.
- Assist business partners in arranging OEM testing, including SRUSA Technical Center, SRNA California, SRUSA Detroit office, etc.
- Assist SRNA with any new product launches at the Proving Grounds.
- Drive a 'Safety First / No-one Gets Hurt' culture to ensure the highest level of associate knowledge and compliance are achieved.
- Maintain and grow close collaboration with Buffalo-based operations and SRNA stakeholders, including Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance and leadership.
- Committed to - and responsible for - the understanding of, adherence, and maintenance of all applicable internal and external quality system standards and accreditations, including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and TS16949. Act as Local Management Rep for all external audits. Conduct internal audits as required. Arrange/provide all necessary training for Proving Grounds associates.
- Create, monitor, revise and evaluate all applicable Proving Grounds systems. Manage document control.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Business, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of direct supervisory work experience.
- Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Demonstrate project management skills.
- Demonstrate people management skills.
- Ability to apply sound analytical processing skills to all areas of responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Motorsports enthusiast desirable.