|Title:||Senior Buyer - Raw Materials|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY - Operations|
Position Summary: Responsible for independently managing and executing the ordering process from demand to delivery. The Senior Buyer will be responsible for assurance of supply associated with the assigned category and will track delay for supplier evaluation.
- Will develop working knowledge of material base.
- Will be responsible for Purchase Order development from the demand stage to delivery, while identifying and communicating risk.
- Will be purchasing representative to internal stakeholders.
- Will identify and implement cost savings where applicable.
- Will be responsible for managing delivery tracking.
- Will manage Corrective Action Requests to suppliers and track progress.
- Will work in partnership with the Logistics department to track delays and ensure proper incoterms.
- Will support development of new material evaluation and have a full understanding of the process while partnering with key internal and external stakeholders to adhere to a schedule or adjust plans accordingly.
- Will utilize lean methodologies to achieve and participate in a more effective procurement process that fully integrates with the supply chain.
- Will lead in the creation of a comprehensive filing system for the Raw Material Purchasing function including vendor records for contracts, pricing, and all purchase orders.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Business Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Minimum three years’ industrial purchasing work experience.
- International purchasing experience highly desired.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Experience in working across divisions and with external organizations.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Excellent Computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word & Excel software applications. Excel experience required.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://sumitomorubberusa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.