|Title:||Development Engineer (Simulation/Analysis)|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Reports to: Lead Engineer
Position Summary: Enhances and improves the tire development cycle via the application of Computer Aided Engineering (CAE), thereby reducing new product introduction time to market, and the number of development prototypes.
- Determines and develops tire designs using appropriate combinations of CAD, Finite Element Analysis.
- Provides input to development engineers relating to such design features as tread patterns, mold contour and sizing, rubber to void ratios, materials and constructions, etc.
- Works with OE manager to identify any new opportunities to strengthen SRUSA’s technical relationship with OEM’s. Supplies simulated tire properties as required.
- Supports development group in general areas-tire design, indoor tire test development, outdoor (track testing) and vehicle data acquisition.
- Validates/correlates simulation data with test results; Including material calibration for constitutive models and tire physical testing.
- Be cognizant of the importance of the business’s relationships with Sumitomo Rubber USA’s Original Equipment partners, and constantly strive to exceed their expectations
- Develop knowledge of competitive products and industry innovations.
- Be an active cross-functional team player with adjacent functions including manufacturing and sales and marketing.
- Be committed and promote adherence to all internal and external compliance standards, including ISO14001 and ISO9001, TS16949.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS Engineering or related field, MS Engineering preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years’ related experience, including working with multidisciplinary Engineering and Manufacturing associates.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tire technology and manufacturing processes, vehicle/motorcycle dynamics (Formula SAE preferred), Finite Element techniques, Abaqus/Standard.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD (Catia preferred), including Knowledge Based Engineering, Matlab/Python preferred.
- Ability to serve as a resource to the functional group.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills including MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.