|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: In accordance with established policies, secures quotations, evaluates and negotiates purchases within designated limits for assigned materials / services at the most favorable prices and quality while complying with customer specifications and item requirements.
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
Creates and maintains standard cost data for purchased items in SAP.
Interfaces with Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, and Accounting to attain the necessary information required for new part entry and other tasks as necessary.
Identifies gaps in data and takes the necessary steps to identify and input this data.
As assigned, assists Buyers and Purchasing Managers across the Purchasing function (Raw materials and Capex).
Processes requisitions / purchase orders and expedites deliveries for assigned materials / services as requested.
Prepares RFQ’s, types manual requisitions, correspondence and reports as requested.
Works on special projects requiring a certain level of independent action and problem solving ability.
Work with members of the internal supply chain (Logistics and Receiving) to optimize material flow.
- Utilize SAP to improve the procurement process. Monitor and maintains inventory levels, reviewing and analyzing item history and usage reports.
- Assist in the creation of a comprehensive filing system including vendor records for contracts, pricing, and all purchase orders.
Utilize lean methodologies to achieve and participate in a more effective procurement process that fully integrate with the supply chain.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in Supply Chain, Business Management, Business Administration or related field; experience considered in lieu of degree.
Should have one year of professional working experience, preferably in a purchasing, inventory management, or related role.
- Experience working with ERP, purchasing, or inventory management systems; SAP experience preferred.
Experience in working across divisions and with external organizations.
Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated professionalism.
Demonstrated multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Excellent Computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word & Excel software applications
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.