|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Will work as a member of a larger project team, leading and implementing significant multi-year expansion project initiatives throughout the facility. Includes facility and production focused projects.
Reports to: Plant Engineering Manager
- Controls all phases of assigned projects including all administrative functions such as finance, recordkeeping, organizing, etc., as well as coordinating the design of and directing the installation of equipment.
- Qualify/validate new machine purchases and review all layout drawings.
- Acts as a project leader on assigned projects, working with internal and external individuals as needed to complete various tasks including contractors, civil engineers, electrical engineers, pipe fitters, etc.
- Participates in the troubleshooting, modification and repair of existing manufacturing equipment in order to improve methods and equipment operation to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Provides technical support and assistance to maintenance personnel, production supervision and operators.
- Collects, calculates, and analyzes data in support of production activities and prepares reports on findings, making recommendations to Engineering and Production Management.
- Ensures implementation of manufacturing procedures according to company safety and regulatory standards.
- Implements preventative maintenance programs.
- Conducts formal and informal meetings to recommend and monitor proposals / projects.
- Create, implement, and monitor key performance indicators and metrics.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a similar role with project management responsibilities in a manufacturing environment involving large equipment installations.
- Experience with tire curing systems is highly sought.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects, priorities, contractors, and the tasks of others.
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and/or Solid Works preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computerized layout, spreadsheet and database management.
- Requires strong communication, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to understand plant layouts, capital estimating, associate-man computations, tire manufacturing equipment processes.
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft excel & word.
- Ideal candidates will be ambitious, self-motivated individuals with a strong mechanical aptitude and demonstrated hands-on mechanical skills and interests.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA (Goodyear Dunlop Tires North America, Ltd.) offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at http://gdtna.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.