|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Please note, the intention of this posting is to collect applicants for a variety of production positions to meet current and future hiring needs. By applying for this position, you will be entered into a pool of candidates to be considered at a point in the future where hiring needs permit. You will be contacted if/when you are being considered for a active opening.
The production workforce supports the tire manufacturing process. Various Machine Operator and General Labor roles available.
Essential Functions/ Duties (may include but are not limited to):
- Operates manufacturing equipment or performs general laborer work that supplies raw materials, products or service associated with the manufacture and processing of tires
- Maintains required product inspection processes
- Position may require lifting/carrying product weighing 50-75 pounds repeatedly period
- This position requires walking or standing most of the time during your shift
- Operate and monitor equipment/line, removing or shifting materials and/or finished product as necessary to facilitate proper flow and machine operation.
- Ensure product quality
- Operate manufacturing equipment efficiently and safely
- Clean equipment and area during and after shift
- Maintain clean work area through good housekeeping practices
- Expedite repairs to line, working with maintenance as necessary
- Observes all safety rules
- Maintains daily record of production, lot assurance, SPC, delays, etc.
- Encourage and promote harmony and cooperation among other department members to ensure maximum operating efficiency
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Job-Specific physical work capabilities
- Successful completion of a background check and drug test
- At least two (2) years of continuous employment
- Must be willing to work all shifts (nights, weekends, and fluctuating shifts)
- Must qualify on all sections of pre-employment test
- Employees will need the manual dexterity and safety awareness to use tools and factory machines, the physical strength to lift and move heavy equipment
- Employees must be able to stand for most of their shift
- Time management is helpful in organizing work and finishing it on schedule
- Good interpersonal skills
- Manufacturing experience
- Consistent reliable work history
- The job is within a heavy industrial environment and you may be required to work within various areas of the factory
- The position requires you to work a continuous operation, which will include Saturdays and Sundays. The position also requires you to work overtime as needed
- This facility requires that you wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This includes steel toe boots, safety glasses, hearing protection and hat
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.