|Title:||Shift Maintenance Supervisor|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Supervises and directs hourly personnel engaged in plant maintenance and service activities on an assigned shift. Maintains equipment at the highest level of uptime. Performs equipment repairs utilizing on shift maintenance personnel. Obtains outside support as needed. Coordinates daily detailed on shift, and between shift, communications.
Reports to: Reliability Manager
*Must be open to work all shifts* A - Monday-Friday 7am-3pm
B - Monday-Friday 3pm-11pm
C- Monday & Tuesday 11pm-7am, Saturday & Sunday 7am-7pm
D- Thursday & Friday 11pm-7am, Saturday & Sunday 7pm-7am
- Works in collaboration with other business center engineers, managers, and specialists, as well as hourly personnel, to tackle problem resolution as well as process and equipment improvement solutions and then drives these to completion; this includes responding to major breakdowns and emergency situations and identifying solutions to minimize downtime.
- Provides supervision to assigned shift skilled trades staff, including work assignments and performance management, including addressing labor relations issues.
- Identifies causes for and develops strategies for eliminating re-occurring downtime.
- Assists with assuring tools, equipment, people, and processes comply with OSHA, ISO, and other industry/facility standards
- Updates management and on shift-employees through regular and concise status reports and maintains a satisfactory and easily retrievable filing system.
- Is committed to promoting the values of honesty, integrity and fairness in the conduct of our business and sustaining a work environment that fosters mutual respect, openness and individual integrity.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Supervision/Leadership position.
- H.S. Diploma with 3+ years’ maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting, including experience in a supervisory role and skilled trade certifications.
- Experience with heavy machinery systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and electrical system troubleshooting utilizing drawings, schematics, manufacturer’s technical literature and related principles.
- Ability to manage projects, priorities, contractors, and the tasks of others.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and skilled trades supervision experience.
- Experience with MRP systems (SAP preferred).
- Requires strong communication, analytical and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft excel & word.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at sumitomorubberusa.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.