|Title:||Product Quality Area Manager|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: The Product Quality Area Manager (PQAM) is responsible for technical activities throughout Business Centers. They are responsible for providing direct supervision and leadership, constantly evaluating and improving procedures and processes to maximize product quality, productivity, waste, housekeeping, safety, and costs.
Reports to: Product Quality Manager
- Identifies processing problems that affect quality or productivity, determines the cause for such problems and supervises the corrective action that is necessary. Is responsible to direct hourly workforce in management of corrective action. Refers disciplinary action to Area Managers as warranted.
- Assists Area Managers in managing technical and production activities.
- Evaluates raw material contributions to problems and interacts with various functional areas to maintain quality and availability. Also make recommendations to suppliers on needed improvements.
- Evaluates equipment contributions to problems and identifies for production supervisor and maintenance supervisor the need for corrective actions. Contacts maintenance support as required. Confirms the effectiveness of action taken, based on results.
- Oversees the utilization of specified manufacturing and technical procedures throughout the production process and identifies elements affecting processes and makes recommendations. Trains manufacturing personnel on correct procedures, modifications, etc.
- Maintain the smooth and timely flow of plant production ensuring quality product is delivered to the next operation and customer.
- Ensure that all regulations and Company policies are followed to create a safe and clean work environment.
- Develops, monitors and reports measures of production performance in relation to quality for the business center.
- Develop, maintain, and provide continuous improvement of this business area team.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in Technical Science, Business, or related field (BA/BS preferred).
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a manufacturing or similar environment.
- Union experience highly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years in a leadership role preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, research, analytical, and time management skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access software applications.
- Knowledge and application of SAP systems experience a plus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly motivated team player with a passion to succeed.
- Must be able to contribute in a fast-paced environment.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.