|Title:||Accounts Payable Manager|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Accounts Payable Manager
Position Summary Responsible for leading the Accounts Payable Department including all processes, systems, and procedures necessary to efficiently pay vendors accurately and timely.
Reports to: General Manager of Plant Finance
- Lead the Accounts Payable Department and ensure all policies and procedures are followed, making suggestions for improvement where possible.
- Lead communication efforts on all AP process changes, initiatives, and procedures Company wide.
- Manage the work of the Accounts Payable Clerks including task delegation, training, performance management, etc.
- Direct the preparation of monthly Import/Export accounting journal entries, reconciliation, accounts payable and year-end reporting of the Accounts Payable Clerks, verifying and auditing the postings and calculations as required. Participate in this reporting as needed.
- Prepare information required for Cash Flow forecast. Collect and provide daily data required for Cash Management function.
- Responsible for the accurate and efficient input and output processing of all Accounts Payable operations and functions. This includes General Ledger update, vendor ranking, and analysis to assure payments are correct and ensuring there is no duplication of payment and control analysis (payment from Purchase Order vs. Voucher reports).
- Collaborate with Engineering, Technical, Purchasing, Logistics, Planning, Manufacturing, Corporate Departments and external vendors regarding discrepancies to assist with resolution and timely payment of invoices
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Receiving to ensure proper three- way match and timely release of payments.
- Perform additional accounting duties as assigned and in accordance with established procedures and accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare and review account reconciliations
- Support Internal/external audit activities as required to ensure that auditors are provided with necessary information to complete audits timely.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls for SOX compliance.
- Research and resolve accounts payable discrepancies.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree Business Administration or Accounting required.
- 5-7 years of accounts payable experience, with some Supervision experience required.
- SAP experience required.
- Experience with account reconciliation.
- Ability to analyze and grasp a situation quickly from different perspectives and create well-reasoned solutions.
- Interpersonal skills that establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly.
- Creates team atmosphere while achieving key objectives.
- Demonstrates ethical and moral behavior; unquestionable integrity and character.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word and Access software applications.
- Ability to communicate or present information, both verbally and written, effectively with all levels of the organization.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://careers.sumitomorubber-usa.com/x/openings.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.