|Title:||Quality Control Engineer|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Quality Control Engineer
Position Summary: Responsible for establishing and monitoring plant wide uniformity system controls specific to equipment performance, and in support of plant uniformity goals regarding "First Class" or scrap policy and overall waste goals.
Reports to: Quality Systems Manager
Manages, coordinates, and directs equipment alignment activities, including the supervision of hourly equipment specialists, as well as interaction with supporting vendors on planned activities, contracts, etc.
Develops understanding of uniformity parameters, testing procedures, and process cause and effect throughout the plant.
Develops and implements product uniformity systems, including investigations into current operational deficiencies and opportunities in the areas of alignment, components, and molds. Includes working in collaboration with Production Management and supporting staff to identify and implement best practices.
Develops, conducts, and monitors trials in various product stage areas, and collects and analyzes resulting data to identify opportunities in ongoing continuous improvement efforts surrounding uniformity.
Systematically and formally documents uniformity control procedures such as standardization, 1st/2nd stage building machine alignments, procedures and criteria for production shutdowns, etc. Includes monitoring and maintaining test standard equipment.
Continuously advances uniformity improvement technology through the completion of vector builds, process improvements, equipment modifications, ongoing training and research, and other efforts.
- Supports ongoing expansion and transition efforts as needed, including the implementation of the new plant Specification System.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in related industry; preferably in the tire industry.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications, Minitab, or other statistical analysis software.
- Solid understanding of product quality and waste reduction and experience in understanding product integrity required. Ability to influence floor and staff associates in all activities desired.
- Knowledge of DOE and PDCA cycle preferred.
- Solid understanding of statistics, statistical procedures and basic product design.
- Strong demonstrated ability to work in teams and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and present data in an expert manner to all levels of the organization.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at www.sumitomorubberusa.com