|Title:||Training Support Specialist|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY - Operations|
The Training Support Specialist will work alongside the Training Manager, Training Coordinators, manufacturing associates, engineers and technical writers to support learning processes across the facility. The ideal candidate takes pride in their hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills, and must have exceptional attention to detail. The position is required to frequently interact with union employees and should understand labor contracts.
- Utilize various training methods and Adult Learning Principles to communicate concepts to employees across various levels within the business.
- Conduct compliance training for all basic to intermediate Safety and Quality topics, and liaison with subject matter experts (SME) to ensure programs are effective and up–to–date.
- Write and revise Work Instructions, Job Aids, Knowledge Assessment and Skills Assessments.
- Assist Training Manager with project management tasks, reporting and training delivery.
- Create, edit and review training documentation.
- Ensure the effectiveness of training through training metrics and evaluations.
- Generate training, learning management and technical writing reports.
- Enter and manage information using the company’s Learning Management System (LMS).
- Use Microsoft products to compose documents, adhering to consistent style and formatting defined by detailed templates.
- Identify training gaps and implement appropriate solutions.
- Continuously improve training practices to meet the needs of the business and its stakeholders.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Technology or related field; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- 1- 3 years pertinent experience; including Training, Instructional Design and/or Learning Management Systems experience.
- Experience creating technical specifications for manufacturing.
- Experience reading and interpreting work instructions.
- Working knowledge of Learning Management Systems.
- Knowledge of Adobe Captivate or other e-learning software is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with all levels in an organization
- Initiative and ability to foster and maintain strong working relationships in a Union environment
Flexible A shift and weekends and evenings as needed.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at sumitomorubberusa.com.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.