|Title:||Sr. Director of Operations/Plant Manager|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Reports to: Sr. Vice President of Operations
- Directs the Plant’s production and operating activities toward the accomplishment of the organization objectives. Implements the Corporation’s manufacturing and operating policy. Directs the manufacture of all Plant products at lowest cost consistent with established specifications as to quality and quantity.
- Carries out Corporate manufacturing objectives; develops specific short- and long-range plans and programs together with supporting budget requests. This includes overseeing all capital and long-range capacity planning.
- Directs the preparation of specifications for quality, quantity, delivery and service required for purchase of plant equipment supplies and materials to meet production schedules and quality standards.
- Insures prompt and economical receipt of needed materials and supplies, and delivery of finished products to customers.
- Formulates and installs standard manufacturing practices based on comparative studies of methods, costs and production figures. Works closely with SRI to ensure consistency in manufacturing process or standards globally when it is prudent to do so.
- Ensures installation and maintenance of all processing equipment used in manufacturing.
- Directs preparation of cost control reports, cost estimates and staffing and facility requirements forecasts.
- Sets up and maintains inventory controls and levels to conform with budgets and forecasts.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other functional areas of the Corporation in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Is committed to and promotes “The SRI Way” throughout the organization.
- Actively liaises with Sumitomo Rubber North America (SRNA -sales and marketing) to best understand market demand and forecasting. Uses this information with SRUSA operations team to plan production, capacity and technical needs.
- Is an active member of SRUSA’s Executive Team and fully represents SRUSA’s operations in this capacity; Is expected to work with counterparts from across the business to formulate SRUSA’s strategic, mid-term and annual plans. Will from time to time work with individuals from SRI to coordinate operations needs globally and to ensure that SRUSA is meeting all common global SRI business objectives.
- Works with Human Resources to ensure long-term positive and constructive relationship with the United Steelworkers union. Will provide day-to-day management of the collective bargaining agreement and standing member of the Company’s Labor Relations team.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Business, Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain or Logistics; Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in plant operations, logistics or production control.
- Ability to see the “Big Picture” and develop strategic plans, processes and systems.
- Knowledge of tire manufacturing processes, machinery and capabilities strongly desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principals, Six Sigma and 5S.
- Strong PC skills, strong analytical and technical skills required.
- Ability to lead, teach, coach, and mentor staff.
- Sound integrity and demonstrates high level of professionalism.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the company.