|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Responsible for the functions of the Onsite Energy Manager as outlined through the NYSERDA OsEM Pilot PON 3701. This position will be responsible to manage energy-related projects from conception to implementation and report progress to direct Sumitomo supervisor and NYSERDA at specific intervals.
Works closely with Facilities Manager and other members of facilities team and plant engineering as required.
- Development of a comprehensive energy management plan for the site, including baseline energy consumption and intensity for each utility provided.
- Monitor and review the existing energy management system to look for improvement opportunities.
- Develop and lead a cross-functional energy team throughout the organization.
- Develop plans for Measurement and Verification (M&V).
- Conduct walkthrough audits and data reviews to identify energy saving opportunities.
- Review operation schedules, maintenance schedules and procedures to identify savings opportunities.
- Provide employee energy awareness training.
- Develop and propose energy and productivity improvement projects to management, and subsequently lead implementation of approved projects.
- Report to management and NYSERDA, documenting results and tracking progress.
- Develop tools, including a Case Study and Road Map of the On-Site Energy Manager for on-boarding of a permanent replacement.
- Peer to Peer Sharing with other Sumitomo Rubber facilities, and other companies (if information is not confidential or proprietary).
- Responsible for assigned engineering projects from inception to completion.
- Prepares detailed engineering specifications in conjunction with the plant engineering group and outside resources. Prepares functional specifications and holds design review meetings to monitor and approve progress.
- Prepares and maintains work schedule charts and reports.
- Ensures that engineering and purchasing policies are adhered to and participates in final supplier selection.
- BS in Engineering/ Technology or related field preferred; relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 2nd class stationary engineer's license.
- 5+ years of energy audit or management work experience required; manufacturing experience preferred. Certified Energy Manager (CEM) required.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated team-building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- SPC and auditing techniques desired.
- Proficient PC skills utilizing SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project software applications.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://sumitomorubberusa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.