|Title:||Technology Engineer, Entry (Mixing Technician)|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Responsible for technical activities in Millroom on assigned shift, constantly updating and improving procedures to maximize Millroom quality, productivity, waste, housekeeping, safety, and costs.
Reports to: Technology Team Leader – Mixing/Stock Prep Business Center
- Identifies processing problems that affect quality or productivity, determines the cause for such problems and supervises the corrective action that is necessary. Is responsible to direct hourly workforce in management of corrective action. Refers disciplinary action to Section Managers as warranted.
- Assists Section Managers in Mill Room in managing technical and production activities. Acts as back-up to Section Manager in their absence. Monitors activities and gives direction to Stock Handlers and Machine Cleaners, and D241 personnel as required.
- Evaluates raw material contributions to problems and interacts with various functional areas to maintain quality and availability. Also make recommendations to suppliers on needed improvements.
- Evaluates equipment contributions to problems and identifies for production supervisor and maintenance supervisor the need for corrective actions. Contacts maintenance support as required. Confirms the effectiveness of action taken, based on results.
- Oversees the utilization of specified manufacturing and technical procedures throughout the mixing process and identifies elements affecting the mixing process and makes recommendations. Trains manufacturing personnel concerning reason(s) for procedures and the impact they have on the product.
- Determines the cause(s) for rejected or abnormality batches and takes corrective action. Makes decisions and provides dispositions for rejected and/or abnormal stocks.
- Participates in factory trials and experimental batch runs and certifies special mixes.
- Directs the blending of materials and the use of material substitutes as needed to maintain production while preserving quality and process ability.
- Oversees the usage of low moving stock.
- Develops, monitors and reports measures of production performance in mixing.
- Acts as liaison with Millroom lab and production operations.
- Is committed to and promotes "Excellence Through Teamwork" throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in Technical Science field; relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- BS in Technical Science field strongly preferred.
- Minimum one year of quality or technical work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory work experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications
- Knowledge and application of SAP systems experience a plus
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://careers.sumitomorubber-usa.com/x/openings.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.