|Title:||Senior Network Engineer|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Senior Network Engineer
Position Summary: Will be a key resource in the Design/Implementation/Supporting of LAN and WAN networks and underlying devices and applications.
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
- Responsible for contributing to the design, configuration, implementation, and support for the LAN, WAN, VoIP, Video Conferencing, WLAN, SAN and Camera infrastructures.
- Participate in the definition and design of all aspects of networking such as switching, routing, load balancing, and firewall administration.
- Participate in Cyber Security design and implementations.
- Develop and implement technical operational procedures, standards, and templates with any existing and new technology.
- Provides counsel and leadership in future use of technology and business process improvements.
- As required, provides regular on-call 24/7 support of the Network environment in various sites such as; plant and test track locations.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide continual 24/7 support for users.
- Analyzes problems and manages solutions during testing and post-implementation.
- Responsible for vendor management.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to more junior IT staff in the area of network infrastructure.
- Participate in Factory Automation ID team to implement and maintain Barcode Scanning and RFID equipment.
- Help Administrate Monitoring Software and creating proactively create alerts and reports as needed.
- Help determine and communicate Root Cause of any production affecting issues.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Information Systems or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role including experience with LAN/WAN; TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, SIP, MPLS, carrier troubleshooting, VoIP, Voice QOS/COS technologies.
- Preferred certifications for any or all of the following: Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP), Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP).
- Must have strong engineering and implementation skills especially around the Cisco (switches/routers/wireless controllers), Fortinet Firewalls
- Must have strong experience in network voice and data; access, performance, scalability, security, reliability, and fault tolerance.
- Must understand technical problems and solutions in relation to current as well as future business environments.
- Must be proficient in Network/Protocol Traffic Analysis instruments such as Wireshark.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and delegate work to others in an effective matter.
- Must be able to interface well with people across various levels of the organization and across all departments.
- Ability to successfully work independently with little supervision while consistently utilizing initiative and good judgment.
- Strong aptitude for working with technology, coupled with the ability to learn and absorb new information quickly required.
- Must possess documentation skills
- In depth knowledge of other infrastructure areas preferred such as servers, SANs, VMware
- Willingness to work on any problem even if not primary responsibility.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at www.sumitomorubber-usa.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.