|Location :||Tonawanda, NY - Operations|
- Inspect, troubleshoot, and correct faults that appear in the electrical and controls equipment including, but not limited to; programmable controllers and associated I/O devices, AC and DC Motor controls, servo motor controls, process instrumentation and process controls, temperature controls, computer based controls, and interface equipment SCADA and HMI applications.
- Troubleshoot and replace defective control components including photoelectric and magnetic switches, solenoids and relays.
- Maintain electrical equipment such as wiring, switches, switchboards and electrical mechanisms, in good repair and operating condition.
- Measures, cuts, threads, bends, assembles and installs electrical conduit. Draws wire through conduit, installs and connects equipment to wiring system. Tests circuits for continuity and proper connections.
- Performs proper sequence of switching duties in sub-stations and reads meters.
- Works to directive of supervision and performs other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in Electrical Technology Preferred or five (5) years Industrial Electrical experience (not installation).
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of industrial controls networking including IP Networking.
- Knowledge of PLC Systems, safety controls, and safety devices and process controls.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of machine technology, construction, and operation.
- Understanding of standard electrical test equipment.
- Understanding of AC/DC currents, circuits, conductors, and terminology.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from blueprints, sketches, layouts, circuit diagrams or specifications.
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA and other required safety requirements, especially those related to electrical/electronic operations and components.
- Ability to stand/walk on concrete floors, work in extreme temperatures (hot and cold), and perform physically demanding work in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work at heights of ten (10) feet or greater.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Currently hiring for C & D shifts:
Mon & Tues 11pm - 7am
Sat & Sun 7am - 7pm
Thurs & Friday 11pm - 7am
Sat & Sun 7pm -7am
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of a variety of controls and platforms including A-B ControlLogix and Modicon 984 ladder logic.
- Knowledge of various sizes and uses of different kinds of conduit, fittings, joints and equipment for channeling services throughout the plant.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://careers.sumitomorubber-usa.com/x/openings.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.