|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Reports to: Continuous Improvement Manager
- Through detailed analysis and problem solving techniques, develops and implements programs and procedures to maximize equipment and process utilization and overall product quality.
- Collects data on production performance, and develops and utilizes new and established metrics to provide direction to managers to improve product quality and overall plant performance.
- Assists Training Department to develop and implement training programs to improve product knowledge, employee performance and general problem solving skills.
- As required, participates, leads and develops programs to expand employee participation and improve overall communication.
- Utilizes Production Simulation and Theory of Constraints to identify bottlenecks in manufacturing processes.
- Represents management in union management contract negotiations and/or disputes pertaining to Industrial Engineering related matters.
- Assists in developing performance indicators, budgets, capital expenditures, capacities, layouts, methods, and training programs to support the long term viability of the Buffalo Plant to provide quality products at a competitive cost.
- Responsible for machine and labor cycle times in the standard cost system.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Output Standards for all equipment using the MOST system.
- Is committed to and promotes teamwork throughout the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline.
- 1 year experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical, verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Access & Word.
- Excellent Skills in writing Macros for Excel.
- Solid Teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Requires strong communication, analytical and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in teams.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.