|Title:||IT Manager, Applications Management|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
The is responsible for providing technical direction and leadership for the organization’s applications analysis and design, development, testing and support/maintenance activities. This position works with Director/GM of Information Technology to set future vision and plan for implementing sustainable and scalable solution approaches to quickly and reliably achieve corporate goals and objectives for providing a seamless and streamlined experience to customers, external partners, and staff.
- Evaluate and assess enterprise and operational level processes and system fit/gap to identify, prioritize, and detail opportunities for improvement for Technology Strategy and Roadmap.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining useful enterprise and project level business and system models for the purpose of defining, prioritizing and leading improvement efforts.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing “best-fit” technologies to meet business requirements. Ability to assess, recommend, and implement solutions that fit within overall business and technical architectural approach for the company. Knowledge of current and emerging trends in applying technology in business.
- Must be able to elicit, analyze, document, and verify business and functional requirements.
- Lead cross-organizational teams through formal SDLCs and Agile development for moderately to highly complex projects. Sets and applies industry best practices and standards to lead team members and stakeholders to define, design, develop, test, and deploy quality solutions.
- Set direction for user friendly, responsive, and highly efficient applications, including front end/UI, back end applications, databases, and integrations/APIs. Knowledge of current trends in mobile and web application development, design, cross platform integration, and architectural principles.
- Will be responsible for building, documenting, executing, and managing formal test plans, scenarios, and scripts for systems, functional and “Day in the Life” testing to validate requirements are met.
- Implement and maintenance Source Control and Change Management
- Ability to multi-task while prioritizing and managing work duties to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to review, analyze and report on the execution, risk mitigation and budget and resource utilization on projects and across department.
combines managerial responsibilities with in-depth hands-on project and technical delivery expertise.
- Five (5) years in IT Application Development or Application Management position with comprehensive work experience in systems and integration design and implementation, business and data analysis, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and stakeholder and project management or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Strong analytical and facilitation skills are required.
- Strong project and vendor management skills required.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to all staff levels in the Company.
- Experience in working in and integrating no/low-code development tools/platforms, other development tools/platforms, or programming language(s) preferred.
- Previous managerial experience in manufacturing is preferred. SAP experience is desired.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.