|Title:||Cure Compounder (Technology Specialist)|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
- Ensures product and quality systems integrity by monitoring and setting specifications for cure times, bladder sizes, and overall curing specifications to assure both production feasibility and product quality.
- Initiates and engages in continuous improvement activities including analysis of product irregularities, recommending solutions and facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product costs.
- Provides the necessary training to team members, including production staff, on improved processes, procedures, quality concepts, etc.
- Own and maintain all cure specifications and for standard and development products in TBR, PCR, and MC.
- Perform activities that drive compliance to PPQ audits, process control audits, and any other audits deemed necessary to improve the product, process and quality system.
- Evaluates equipment contributions to problems and identifies and communicates corrective actions to Production Supervision and Maintenance leadership. Contacts maintenance support as required.
- Supports the plant by interfacing with plant manufacturing, engineering, development and other internal and external organizations on departmental initiatives when needed.
- Supports the implementation of the new plant Curing Specification System.
- Develops, monitors and reports measures key quality metrics for the curing department.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Technology or a related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in related industry; preferably in the tire industry
- Knowledge and understanding of CEQ and ECU correlations
- Experience and understanding of correlations between compound gauge, cure rates, and curing time trends
- Proficiency in SRUSA blow point methods and tire preparation
- Proficiencies in Goodyear and SRUSA thermocouple procedures, methods, and tire preparation
- Knowledge of CADAC3 and Agilent software for thermocouple analysis
- Proficiency in operation of all press styles in all curing departments
- Experience and understanding of SRUSA curing specification system and curing media tolerances
- Strong knowledge of Physics (mechanical aptitude)
- Supervisory work experience preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications