|Title:||Raw Materials Purchasing Manager|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Provides leadership to purchasing organization on material management best practice, process improvement, and day to day execution of raw materials for the manufacturing operation, with a specific focus on international procurement.
- Performs daily procurement activities by processing requisitions and performing MRP analysis in order to meet desired cost and schedule requirements, while maintaining proper inventory levels in support of manufacturing.
- Identify new supplier source opportunities and establish a grading system on KPIs (quality, delivery time, payment terms, price, etc.)Develop and test qualifying process for new suppliers.
- Utilizes existing and improved systems to collect key data in order to make informed and improved business decisions, consulting with knowledge resources where appropriate and identifying and leading improved data solutions wherever possible.
- Propose and implement changes to existing procurement strategies to streamline and improve overall performance while maintaining cost controls and creating cost effective use of resources (Lean). Includes the use of enhanced technologies, processes, and procedures.
- Proactively communicate with all levels of the organization on material related issues including those involving shipments between suppliers/plants while simultaneously mitigating potential impacts to internal and external customers
- Ensure corporate and plant programs are effectively maintained, the plant is in compliance with standards, and the appropriate training is effectively provided to all employees.
- Actively manage Slow Moving and Excess & Obsolete stock utilizing established business processes and systems.
- Generate and drives performance Metrics reports for stock availability, lead time and backorders as required to communicate production status throughout the organization.
- Lead and facilitate department in meeting ISO requirements.
- Negotiates raw material pricing with outside vendors and annual review of pricing and vendor relationships.
- Engages with key individuals across all functional groups in collaboration on strategic initiatives.
- Creates an environment and culture that encourages collaboration nationally and between teams, functions and divisions.
- BA/BS in Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- Minimum of five years' purchasing management experience with understanding of raw materials, suppliers and supplier capabilities in a large manufacturing environment.
- Experience with computer application systems related to inventory, distribution, shipping or receiving (SAP experience ideal).
- Experience in working across divisions and with external organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in driving organizational change through the identification, development, and implementation of improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams in organization-wide projects/initiatives.
- Effective communication skills including facilitation, delegation, and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of leading by example and self-accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through the use of delegation and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.