|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Responsible for technical activities centered around the tire building process on assigned shift, constantly updating and improving procedures to maximize quality, productivity, waste, housekeeping, safety, and costs.
- Identifies processing problems that affect quality or productivity, determines the cause for such problems, and supervises the corrective action that is necessary. Is responsible to direct hourly workforce in management of corrective action. Initiates quality or safety disciplinary action as warranted or refers to Area Managers also as warranted.
- Acts as back-up to Area Manager in their absence.
- Evaluates all material contributions to problems and interacts with various functional areas to maintain quality and availability. Also makes recommendations to team & suppliers on needed improvements.
- Evaluates equipment contributions to problems and identifies for production supervisor and maintenance supervisor the need for corrective actions. Contacts maintenance support as required. Confirms the effectiveness of action taken, based on results.
- Oversees the utilization of specified manufacturing and technical procedures throughout the tire building process and identifies elements affecting the building process and makes recommendations. Trains manufacturing personnel concerning reason(s) for procedures and the impact they have on the product.
- Determines the cause(s) for rejected or abnormality tires and takes corrective action. Makes decisions and provides dispositions for rejected and/or abnormal tires. Will make decisions if production can continue or require other resources to correct. Will be the go-to person on shift for all quality issues in their area.
- Develops, monitors, and reports measures of production performance in MCX/MCR.
- Understands that opportunities occur requiring them to work to the direction of management outside job scope.
- Shift assignment is steady but will require flexibility & overtime as when necessary.
- Is committed to and promotes "Excellence Through Teamwork" throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in Technical Science field; relevant work experience in lieu of degree also considered.
- BS in Technical Science field strongly preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of quality or technical work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory work experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications.
- Knowledge and application of SAP systems experience a plus.
- Currently hiring for C & D shifts.
Mon & Tues 11pm -7am
Sat & Sun 7am -7pm
Thurs & Fri 11pm -7am
Sat & Sun 7pm-7am
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://careers.sumitomorubber-usa.com/x/openings.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.