|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: As our facility transitions and expands into new product lines, the Development Operations Coordinator will be responsible for leading the assigned shift operation in the achievement of new product development activities to ensure development schedule timelines are achieved through the coordination of resources, strategic collaboration with other team members, and addressing issues/roadblocks proactively and as they arise.
Reports to: NPI Manager
- Manages tire development schedules for the assigned shift, ensuring quality of components, accuracy of builds to specs, and timely achievement of timelines.
- Works directly with designated builders and other production personnel to communicate build issues, quality concerns, and build timelines.
- Maintains accurate inventories of all development materials, including delivering materials to testing when required.
- Identifies processing problems that affect quality or productivity, determines the cause for such problems.
- Updates communication boards as needed to ensure priority and development needs are clearly communicated across all shifts and areas of the facility. Follows established escalation procedures.
- Works with Production Supervision/Management, Engineering, and other cross-functional team members to achieve mutually beneficial solutions to development schedule needs, problem resolution (equipment, personnel, scheduling, etc.), and process development.
- Monitors equipment problems and communicates with Managers to expedite problem resolutions. Notifies Business Center Maintenance Manager when help is required. (Maintenance or Engineering)
- Recommends improvements to development processes, procedures, and tools.
- Is committed to and promotes "Excellence Through Teamwork" throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A.A.S. in Technical or related field; exceptional experience in lieu of degree considered.
- Minimum 2 years working in a manufacturing environment.
- Should have demonstrated, successful experience in a project/process management related role, requiring tight deadlines, multi-tasking, and prioritization.
- Experience in a union environment is highly preferred.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills are a necessity to this position.
- Demonstrated, strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word and Access software applications.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://sumitomorubberusa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.