If you have previously submitted or saved an application, please go to My Account to retrieve it.
Senior Manager, Design
|Title:||Senior Manager, Design|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Senior Manager, Design
Position Summary: Position Summary: As a key member of the Technical Center leadership, the Senior Design Manager is responsible to lead and direct the design department for development of new passenger car, truck and motorcycle tires.
Reports to: VP, Technical
- Ensure all required regulatory and Sumitomo Rubber product performance is achieved and maintained throughout the life of the products.
- Maintain and grow close collaboration with domestic and global stakeholders, including Design, Testing, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Legal, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance. Make recommendations for product improvement, including new products for future production.
- Develops organization and associate’s leadership and technical competencies.
- Develops, implements, enforces, and audits work procedures which ensure quality products at an economical cost.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts, identifying quality, waste, and productivity issues to improve the design cycle time of concept to production.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining budget for the Design Department.
- Is committed to and promotes "Excellence through Teamwork" throughout the organization.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of technical/quality leadership experience within the tire industry.
- Requires the ability to manage a variety of concurrent projects.
- Strong leadership, communication, business, analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make educated decisions.
- Knowledge of customer requirements related to product performance and quality.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications.
Sumitomo Rubber USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at (716) 879-8884