|Title:||Quality Assurance Manager|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Quality Assurance Manager
Position Summary: As a key member of the SRUSA Leadership Team, the Quality Assurance Manager is responsible to lead, direct and control the company’s activities pertaining to product and process quality.
Reports to: Director, Quality Assurance
- Lead and develop the Quality Assurance team
- Enforce quality, legal compliance, and technical standards of products, processes and materials throughout the company, ensuring product quality meets or exceeds customer and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain tracking systems of existing performance and provide direction to company leadership to improve product quality and overall company performance. Serve as Voice of the Customer.
- Ensure compliance with global and local company policies and procedures, as well as salary administration, safety regulations, labor contracts and housekeeping practices.
- Develops organization and associates’ leadership and technical competencies.
- Ensure that all employees are properly trained in their respective areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining budget for the Quality Assurance Department.
- Is committed to and promotes "Excellence through Teamwork" throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other technical field; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years of technical/quality leadership experience within a manufacturing environment (preferably the automotive industry).
- Requires the ability to manage a variety of concurrent projects.
- Strong leadership, communication, business, analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make educated decisions.
- Knowledge of customer requirements related to product quality – specifically IATF 16949 or other OE customer standards
- Auditing experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Minitab or other statistical analysis tools.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications.
- Some travel including international may be required.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://careers.sumitomorubber-usa.com/x/openings.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.