|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Drive continuous improvement initiatives in the Business Center related to safety, productivity, training, employee relations, cost, waste, quality, energy and communications.
Reports to: Business Center Manager
- Drive projects to completion. Coordinate follow-up action items on improvement initiatives. Develop systems that assure initiatives and project improvements are sustained.
- Serve as a team leader on complex assignments by interfacing with supervisors, project and product engineering, training, Continuous Improvement, and hourly employees.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement. Lead continuous improvement initiatives in the Business Center.
- Develop systems that assure the sustainability of process improvements. Drive audit and follow-up systems.
- Partner with product and equipment engineers and specialists to drive process improvement. Work with operators on the floor in identifying process improvement opportunities and understand issues. Develop solutions to specific operational issues.
- Develop and implement plans to support team development addressing quality, waste, delivery and cost. Provide safe, ergonomically healthy environment and processes which comply with government and company standards.
- Work with Area Managers to develop skill set required for managing at the floor level. Coach and educate Area Managers in leading teams.
- BS Engineering or related technical discipline. Experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum three years' experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a union environment is highly advantageous.
- Specific experience in tire manufacturing processes desired.
- Flexibility in schedule availability is required to support continuous operations, including nights and weekends.
- Requires the demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills. Knowledge of HR functions, safety, budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word and Access software applications.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.