|Title:||Maintenance Planner/ Engineer|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Responsible for the organization, planning, coordination, scheduling and execution of the Planned Maintenance (PM) Program in accordance with established policies, procedures and specifications. Responsible for implementation of process improvement, environmental and energy savings projects.
Reports to: Business Center Maintenance Manager
- Establishes Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for conducting equipment running checks and PM work load requirements using good engineering practices and well documented check sheets/reports.
- Works with engineers to design and install numerous small improvements to improve quality and output while reducing equipment down time.
- Plans daily PM's including set up parts requirements, outside contractors, vendors, and special equipment required to efficiently conduct scheduled PM of equipment.
- Coordinates equipment shut down and start up with various departments including manpower requirements, outside contractors, etc.
- Assists and/or directly supervises the execution of the Planned Maintenance Program.
- Evaluates results of daily activities and submits written reports showing improvements to be made and targets meet as defined within the Operations Center.
- Responsible for the administrative and safety requirements of maintenance personnel, outside contractors, and service group personnel assigned.
- Responsible for the coordination of scheduled shutdown maintenance activities including appropriations, purchase requisitions, outside contractor notes, vendor parts, special equipment, etc.
- Communicates with maintenance, engineering, and production personnel to ensure maintenance work is well planned and results demonstrated.
- Responds to major breakdowns, emergency situations, and other non-routine tasks per established procedures and as requested.
- Is committed to and promotes safety and teamwork throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, other Engineering discipline, OR 3 years’ experience in a hands-on, maintenance/skilled trade role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities, and the tasks of others.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Requires strong communication, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to learn tire manufacturing equipment processes.
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft excel & word.
- Ideal candidates will be ambitious, self-motivated individuals with a strong mechanical aptitude and demonstrated hands-on mechanical skills and interests.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity