|Title:||Works Technical Manager (Quality Manager)|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Works Technical Manager
Position Summary: As a key member of the Plant Leadership Team (PLT), the Works Technical Manager is responsible to lead, direct and control the plant’s efforts to meet waste, quality, development, new product industrialization and other technical requirements as defined by the Executive Committee and Plant Leadership.
Reports to: Plant Manager
Leads the Plant’s quality processes to meet and exceed waste goals and production targets. Plan and organize courses of action to determine and meet future waste reduction targets and goals.
Coordinates the activities of the Works Technical (Quality) Department establishing technical specifications, identifying and implementing necessary controls, and setting tolerances to ensure product quality.
Responsible for the successful development of new products and their manufacturability to customer requirements under the constraints of plant equipment, time, budget, etc.
Develops, implements, enforces, and audits work procedures which ensure quality products at an economical cost.
Enforces quality, legal compliance, and technical standards of products, processes and materials throughout the facility, ensuring product quality meets or exceeds customer and federal requirements.
Audits, analyzes and makes recommendations to ensure systems and processes are followed and to solve for issues related to product quality and uniformity.
Works closely with Plant Leadership to drive continuous improvement efforts, identifying quality, waste, and production issues and providing potential corrective action initiatives.
Develops organization and associate’s leadership and technical competencies.
Ensure that all employees are properly trained in their respective areas of responsibility.
Responsible for setting and maintaining budget for the Works Technical Department.
Is committed to and promotes "Excellence through Teamwork" throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of technical/quality leadership experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a union environment is preferred.
- Requires the ability to manage a variety of concurrent projects.
- Strong leadership, communication, business, analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make educated decisions.
- Technical knowledge related to equipment processes and operation of equipment.
- Knowledge of customer requirements related to product quality.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications.
- Knowledge and application of SAP systems experience a plus.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at http://careers.sumitomorubber-usa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.