|Title:||Materials Laboratory Technician|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Materials Laboratory Technician
Position Summary: Conducts testing of factory/laboratory mixed compounds and tire components for the development of all product lines TB, PCR, LT, MC, and Race & logs & reports data.
Reports to: Materials Lab Supervisor
- Prepares samples and conducts testing of compounds/tire components following established work procedures.
- Operates various analytical (chemical) instrumentation (TGA, PGC, Microscopes) and physical test equipment (lab mill, Banbury, curing press, Tensile Tester, RPA). Documents and reports sample test data.
- Provides testing support for the Raw Material Acceptance Program
- Validates equipment operation, performs calibrations / maintenance on all equipment.
- Strives to improve laboratory test systems to improve the accuracy and precision of the data.
- Maintains Testing procedures and other work instructions
- Follows safety procedures and keeps assigned work areas clean and orderly.
- Works to directive of supervision and performs other duties as required.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate degree in Chemical or Mechanical Technology or related field with laboratory experience, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills to include the ability to enter and retrieve data and understand the basic operations of computerized equipment
- 1-year experience as a Lab Technician or other applicable work experience preferred.
- Familiarity with testing techniques and equipment.
- Basic mechanical aptitude (ability to assemble equipment, understand how a variety of test equipment operates, etc.)
- Basic mathematical aptitude including knowledge of and the ability to apply the principles of Statistics, trigonometry, algebra and geometry
- Knowledge of production testing of components.
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple responsibilities/projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Meticulous, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient PC skills utilizing Microsoft Word & Excel software applications
- Ability to lift 25 – 35 lbs.
Sumitomo Rubber USA , LLC offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at sumitomorubber.com.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.