|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Drive reliability improvement initiatives in the Stock Prep Business Center related to safety, productivity, training, employee relations, cost, waste, quality, energy, and communications.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
- Drive equipment reliability by ensuring adherence to proper PM programs, completion of documentation for equipment, and inventory of spare parts accuracy.
- Track equipment downtime (Breakdown %, Planned Work %, and Total Maintenance Downtime) and document chronic and catastrophic failures.
- Engineer improvements to reduce overall downtime and reduce overall maintenance costs.
- Coach, mentor, and develop Area Managers and Maintenance Technicians on technical issues and concepts.
- Develop and improve PM programs as needed. Add spare parts for new equipment and monitor usages to add/remove from stock as needed. Monitor slow moving parts to look for opportunities to reduce inventory.
- Partner with product and process engineers and specialists to drive process improvement. Work with operators and maintenance technicians on the floor in identifying process improvement opportunities and understand issues. Develop solutions to specific operational and reliability issues.
- Create, implement, and monitor key performance indicators and metrics.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, other Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment. Union experience preferred.
- Experience with heavy machinery systems is highly sought.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, priorities, contractors, and the tasks of others.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Requires strong communication, analytical and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft excel & word.
- Ideal candidates will be ambitious, self-motivated individuals with a strong mechanical aptitude and demonstrated hands-on mechanical skills and interests.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at http://sumitomorubberusa.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.