|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Human Resource Specialist
Position Summary: Acts as a consultant to manufacturing management by guiding manufacturing leaders through the management of the hourly, unionized workforce within the maintenance department. This position will assist the HR & Labor Relations Manager in general labor relations tasks, provide support for salaried (non-union) employee relations and performance management, as well as assist with other assignments as assigned by the HR & Labor Relations Manager.
Reports to: HR & Labor Relations Manager
- Develop and maintain expertise of both federal and state labor regulations, as well as the bargaining agreement, polices, and procedures associated with the union.
- Acts as a neutral party to monitor and report individual and plant concerns; spend time daily on the production floor; develop the image of management by assisting managers in their relationships and applications of the policies (and if applicable, contracts).
- Provide employee relations and performance management support to the HR & Labor Relations Manager.
- Provide guidance to the maintenance department on implementation of policies including disciplinary action, grievances, job transfers, etc. insuring compliance to policies as well as fair and equitable implementation.
- Manage payroll input and issues for the maintenance department. Includes attendance management.
- Support Company-wide safety initiatives through incident review meetings, communicating with plant medical personnel, and other actions.
- Provide support in contract negotiation efforts.
- Support business center and plant performance metric achievements through the identification, development, and implementation of improved systems and processes.
- Report on the effectiveness of plant programs, team meetings, task forces, etc. by formulating, conducting, and evaluating employee relations audits.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required (PHR or SPHR certification preferred)
- Minimum three years’ experience in an HR role. Equivalent facility experience also considered.
- Must have experience in a manufacturing environment. Union experience highly preferred.
- Must have excellent demonstrated interpersonal skills in dealing with both skilled and unskilled members of the workforce, as well as employee and Manager level individuals.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, research, analytical, and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated ability to act in good judgment and make informed decisions.
- Demonstrated superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Required computer skills to include: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook as well as hardware and software applications used in the Human Resources function.
- Ability to use sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the role.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organization skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly motivated team player with a passion to succeed.
- This position requires flexibility with assigned duties as well as willingness to take on new tasks.
- Must be able to contribute in a fast-paced environment.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://sumitomorubberusa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.