|Title:||Assistant Engineering Manager|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Assistant Manager, Engineering
Position Summary: Ensures engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives. Oversees the design of products such as instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc. May oversee fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of equipment. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
- Develops new ideas and formulates specific engineering programs to improve productivity, reduce cost and improve quality of products produced.
- Directs, supervises and coordinates the activities of plant departmental engineers through the Engineering Manager.
- Complies with codes and regulations by complying with requirements; preparing permit applications, plans, and compliance reports.
- Determines engineering requirements by conducting inspections and analytical tests; analyzing and synthesizing data; maintaining control charts; determining root causes; preparing bid specifications.
- Monitors engineering projects and recommends changes necessary to attain established objectives and specified results.
- Establishes and administers engineering cost control programs.
- Prepares cost estimates and appropriations for equipment requirements.
- Develops and maintains both short‑term and long‑term (strategic plan) objectives in conjunction with other staff members
- Directs the maintenance and repair activities of plant equipment, buildings and grounds through maintenance management.
- Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Directs and guides plant maintenance managers to assure maintenance standards are met and projects are completed on time.
- Is committed to and promotes Excellence Through Teamwork throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Engineering, Business Administration, Finance or a related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- 5-8 years progressive experience in a combination of Engineering, Finance and Plant Operations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, and an understanding of plant operations from a cost control perspective.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management effectively.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel & Access software applications.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.