|Title:||Assistant Payroll Manager|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Following established procedures, this employee works independently to perform the processing and timely delivery of assigned payrolls via the electronic payroll system. Ensures payroll results are in compliance with federal and state laws, regulations (FLSA, IRS, CBA, etc.) and company policies. Works collaboratively and responds timely to Human Resource and/or department contacts and managers regarding inquiries, problem solving, and other complex issues. Creates and maintains required records and reports. Responsible for electronic payroll maintenance and updates. Confidentiality, detail oriented, accuracy and self-motivation are critical to be successful in this position.
- Perform multi cycle payroll data entry, maintenance, processing, paycheck sorting and distribution within established deadlines.
- Completes, verifies, and maintains forms and documentation related to tax, benefit, garnishment/court ordered deductions and direct deposits submitted.
- Accountable for the accurate transmission of data from the time and attendance system (currently Kronos) into the payroll system (Lawson/Infor).
- Serves as the functional support on most payroll related projects, upgrades and/or system changes. Works to facilitate interdependencies with other teams such as benefits, compensation, finance, internal audit etc. in order to ensure a complete assessment of the impact to payroll, employees and related outcomes. Raises issues, roadblocks, and concerns to the in a timely manner. Identifies project risks and recommends remediation plans as appropriate.
- Reviews timesheets, work charts, wage computations and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Prepares and maintains accurate payroll records, identifies errors, corrects issues, reconciles payroll batches and makes adjustments or corrections as necessary.
- Issues and records adjustments related to previous errors or retroactive pay changes.
- Audits and reviews payroll input and output for fraud and risk considerations and calls out findings as appropriate. Partners with internal and external auditor to find opportunities to improve audit controls to reduce and mitigate risk. Responds to audit inquiries in a timely manager and before the required due dates. Ensures all audit responses are reviewed by the manager prior to submission.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Responsible for performing procedures to ensure that the payroll function is in full compliance with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley and all applicable regulations.
- Ensures mapping and interfaces are maintained between Kronos Timekeeping and Lawson Payroll Systems. Implements process improvements, test system changes, and lead special projects within the payroll department.
- Completes, verifies and ensures accuracy of special payroll runs throughout the year.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of various accounting reports, schedules, and analyses for Finance.
- Ensures third-party deposits are processed timely and accurately.
- Counsels employees on company policies and procedures as it relates to Payroll.
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of year end processing, including reconciliation and prior quarter adjustments.
- Works closely with other Human Resources functions to maintain data integrity and ensure consistency, accuracy and timeliness.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with both external and internal partners. Deliver excellent customer service to employees, associates, managers.
- Will serve as back up to Payroll Manager(s).
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by circumstances.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate's degree required in business-related field. Bachelor's degree in a business-related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience processing end-to-end in-house payrolls, with understanding of basic accounting principles including reconciliations and journal entries.
- Experience working with hourly union environment and constraints.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong math aptitude and experience with MS Office, with excellent Excel abilities, including V-lookups and pivot tables.
- Experience with Kronos Timekeeping and Lawson payroll processing highly preferred.
- Experience maintaining accurate and meticulous records for audit purposes.
- Self-motivator and detail oriented with the ability to demonstrate problem solving skills and provide solutions to a variety of non-routine problems in an approachable manner.
- Ability to thrive in a time sensitive environment and prioritize workload using organizational and time management skills.
- Discreetly and sensitively handle confidential information.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at http://careers.sumitomorubber-usa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.