|Title:||Product Quality Manager|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Product Quality Manager
Position Summary: The Product Quality Manager is responsible for the outgoing quality of finished goods for all three product lines. The successful candidate will manage, oversee, evaluate, and improve all aspects of final finish and inspection, to include the people, processes, and equipment. They will facilitate and lead the product quality team and the product quality audit program improving inspection systems, processes, training, and ultimately product quality and customer satisfaction.
Reports to: Director, Quality Assurance
- Develop, implement, and maintain product quality audit systems and processes based on principals of sampling and quality ratings to ensure the customer is always protected.
- Manage, mentor, and train final finish and inspection staff to ensure the highest levels of product quality.
- Analyze and interpret audit results. Prepare reports of findings and corrective action plans to the appropriate business units and senior/corporate leadership.
- Use audit findings and analysis to evaluate the skill level and competency of the Product Quality group, including final finish and inspection personnel and develop training plans or other forms of corrective action plans.
- Continuously look for new and innovative ways to standardize, streamline, and improve the inspection process.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other technical field; graduate degree preferred; equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have 7 – 10 years of progressively responsible experience in QA in a manufacturing environment (preferably the automotive industry).
- Experience with inspection systems and processes a plus.
- Experience working in a Union environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, educate, coach, and mentor staff.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and knowledge of root cause analysis (8D, 5Why, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Familiar with ISO and TS audit standards; ASQ certification a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Minitab or detailed statistical analysis.
- Proficient at MS Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Flexible work hours required.
- Some travel including international may be required.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.comEOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.