|Title:||Manufacturing X-Ray Technician|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Examines tires for anomalies and quality problems using X-Ray equipment. In addition, assist in the monitoring and coordination of warehouse activities regarding product quality and assurance that tires shipped have met all established quality standards.
- Examines tires from production samples, new releases and special requests for quality anomalies using X-ray equipment or visual inspection. Said responsibility does require the manual handling of tires being expected.
- Responsible for assisting the Manager of Factory Quality control, as directed, in achieving compliance to established quality standards.
- Works with Maintenance department, Plant Engineering personnel, and X-ray machine Manufacturing Representative on machine preventive maintenance & general operations. Programs machine unit to accept specific tire sizes being examined. Responsible for contacting the above resources regarding any necessary adjustment and/or repairs.
- Responsible for keeping accurate records of all X-ray activities and then issuing daily & weekly results to the Manager of Factory Quality Control and Quality Engineering personnel.
- Conducts follow-up evaluations of tires if any sample is found to contain an anomaly. Reports said problem to Factory Technical services, the Manager of Factory Quality Control and Quality Engineering personnel. Holds tire and/or supply a picture of questionable product.
- Responsible for operating a stacker and fork truck to move tires in/out of work area and non-conforming area. Keeps same area clean and orderly.
- Weighs tires to assure they conform to specifications. Gathers information for product weight control program. Responsible for issuing weekly & monthly reports on same.
- Coordinates the movement and all activity involved with impounding, analysis and disposition of questionable product. Responsible for issuing forms and reports on same.
- Works to the direction of the Manager of Factory Quality Control and Quality Engineering personnel in order to perform other designated duties including but not limited to audits and inspections.
- Is committed to and promotes continuous improvement throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- AAS in Science related course of study; relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- It is preferred to have X-Ray unit operation and analysis work experience, preferably within the tire industry.
- Excellent written & verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance systems and applicable tools.
- Solid analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Strong PC skills including the utilization of Lotus Notes and Microsoft Word, Excel, Access software applications.
- Valid certification in the operation and use of relevant work-related vehicles including a stacker and forklift truck.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://careers.sumitomorubber-usa.com/x/openings.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.