|Title:||Technology Engineer (Cure Compounder)|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Position Summary: Supports the development and quality control of tire curing processes through the development and management of initiatives focused on improving curing quality and efficiency, reducing process variation, and reducing cost.
Reports to: Senior Cure Compounder
- Ensures product and quality systems integrity by monitoring and setting specifications for cure times, bladder sizes, and overall curing specifications to assure both production feasibility and product quality.
- Initiates and engages in continuous improvement activities including analysis of product irregularities, recommending solutions and facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product costs.
- Provides the necessary training to team members, including production staff, on improved processes, procedures, quality concepts, etc.
- Own and maintain all cure specifications and for standard and development products in TBR, PCR, and MC.
- Perform activities that drive compliance to PPQ audits, process control audits, and any other audits deemed necessary to improve the product, process and quality system.
- Evaluates equipment contributions to problems and identifies and communicates corrective actions to Production Supervision and Maintenance leadership. Contacts maintenance support as required.
- Supports the plant by interfacing with plant manufacturing, engineering, development and other internal and external organizations on departmental initiatives when needed.
- Supports the implementation of the new plant Curing Specification System.
- Develops, monitors and reports measures key quality metrics for the curing department.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Technology or a related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in related industry; preferably in the tire industry
- Knowledge and understanding of CEQ and ECU correlations
- Experience and understanding of correlations between compound gauge, cure rates, and curing time trends
- Proficiency in SRUSA blow point methods and tire preparation
- Proficiencies in Goodyear and SRUSA thermocouple procedures, methods, and tire preparation
- Knowledge of CADAC3 and Agilent software for thermocouple analysis
- Proficiency in operation of all press styles in all curing departments
- Experience and understanding of SRUSA curing specification system and curing media tolerances
- Strong knowledge of Physics (mechanical aptitude)
- Supervisory work experience preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word software applications
- Solid understanding of product quality and waste reduction and experience in understanding product integrity required. Ability to influence floor and staff associates in all activities desired.
- Solid understanding of statistics, statistical procedures and basic product design. Must be analytical and able to organize data and communicate to all levels of the organization and all levels of expertise.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at SumitomoRubberUSA.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.