|Title:||Utility Maintenance Mechanic $30.58|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
The transition to Sumitomo Rubber USA brings exciting new opportunities for the Company's existing and prospective employees in Western New York. Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd., whose Global Headquarters is located in Kobe, Japan, has a rich and successful history dating back to 1909. This trend is set to continue with the Company's formal entrance into North America through the former Goodyear Dunlop Tires North America, Ltd. facility, and through planned investments into the Company's infrastructure, manufacturing processes, and work force. Over the next five years, Sumitomo Rubber Industries will invest over $87 Million dollars into the manufacturing facility, doubling the plant’s current tire capacity in some product areas.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Must be able to work all shifts when needed; shifts are assigned by the week.
Will fill in for relief, vacation or absences on various shifts as directed by management.
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment, machinery, physical facilities and the utilities/controls to same in the areas assigned.
Knowledgeable of steam, water, air, vacuum, condensate, and other systems and equipment with department operations.
Uses various tools as other equipment which aid in the performance of their duties.
Capable of working with blueprints, sketches, maintenance manuals and manufacturing specifications. Lays out work for others when necessary.
Utilizes general stores for parts, completes required paperwork, performs all duties in a safe and orderly manner and maintains good housekeeping practices.
Works to the directive of supervision, informs them of potential problems and makes recommendations for improvements.
Performs all duties in a safe, neat and orderly manner to maintain safe and good housekeeping conditions within the department
Works as directed by management.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Job-Specific physical work capabilities
- Successful completion of a background check and drug test
- Must qualify on both written and hands-on Mechanic test
- At least two (2) years of continuous employment
- Must be willing to work all shifts (nights, weekends, holidays, and fluctuating shifts)
- The job is within a heavy industrial environment and you may be required to work within various areas of the factory
- The position requires you to work a continuous operation, which will include Saturdays and Sundays. The position also requires you to work overtime as needed
- This facility requires that you wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This includes steel toe boots, safety glasses, hearing protection and hat
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.