|Location :||Huntsville, AL|
Tire Technician HPG
Position Summary: Supports all Huntsville Proving Grounds outdoor tire tests for vehicle and motorcycle.
Reports to: Lead Technician, Huntsville Proving Grounds (HPG)
- Supports the testing of development tires through the preparation of tire tests, including mounting and balancing tires.
- Assists in the organization and maintenance of the HPG testing service areas and warehouse.
- Daily shop upkeep – housekeeping duties.
- Provide assistance to higher level technicians and engineers in all testing and traveling when necessary.
- Assists the transactions involved with the shipping and receiving of test tires, including performing transactions within the inventory system, and operating a forklift.
- Assists the with the assignment and prepares the proper test specs for tire testing.
- Participates in the maintenance of equipment used for tire testing.
- Maintain circuit equipment – sprinklers, off road equipment, electric gate….etc.
- Supports marketing, sales, and motorsports events as requested, travel may be required.
- Responsible for any other additional duties as assigned by HPG management.
- Work to highest levels of safety and quality – follow all IATF standards.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Three (3) years’ experience in the tire industry or related automotive maintenance experience or one (1) year experience at a tire proving grounds.
- AAS or two-year vocational degree or certificate in Automotive Equivalent and / or combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job also considered - Tire Technician Training / Race Team experience / Special Trades training in motorcycle or automotive repair preferred – MMI, AMI.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Clean driving record / CDL license a plus.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Must have good analytical skills, common sense, and good reasoning skills.
- PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel & Word preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with diplomacy and tact.
- Must be able to stand, sit, move, and use fingers for extended periods of time. Will require walking primarily on a level hard surface, reaching above shoulder heights and below the waist, as well as lifting to 100 pounds – a very physical job.
- Must be able to travel and work weekends. Travel time ~30%.