|Title:||Application Development Analyst|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Application Analyst and Developer
Position Summary: As our Tonawanda facility continues to transition due to a change in ownership, this position will be responsible for the implementation of Corporate systems and factory automation system initiatives to collect real time manufacturing data including production counts, uptime, alarm collection, and any other key metrics.
Reports to: Systems Development Manager
- Analyze, design and develop new processes, programs, and configuration, considering the complex interrelationship of system-wide components. Provide system-wide support and maintenance for a complex system or business process. Maintain and modify existing processes, programs and configuration through use of current Information Technology toolsets.
- Complete life-cycle testing (unit and integration) of all work processes including cross platform interaction.
- Troubleshoot, investigate and persist. Develop solutions to problems with unknown causes where precedents do not exist, by applying logic and inference with persistence and experience, to see the problem through to resolution. Confer with the stakeholder community on problem determination. Make joint analysis decisions on cause and correction methods. Perform tasks necessary to ensure data integrity and system stability.
- Write and maintain all documentation supporting primary area of responsibility. This documentation may serve as input for management presentations or as training material for stakeholder community and operations support group.
- Draw solutions from others and recommend courses of action, all the while, growing an understanding of company culture and business practices.
- Expand use of current technologies and application design methodologies as they apply to SRUSA. Increase breadth and depth of technical knowledge by expanding knowledge base.
- Participate as an active team member, practice effective listening skills, and effective collaboration skills.
- Work with Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and other internal customers to provide solutions to data and standardization needs.
- As required, provide regular 24/7 support of production-critical applications.
- Must participate in on-call rotation to provide continual 24/7 support for users.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline. 10 years field experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Experience working in Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with the following programming languages: Visual Basic .NET, C# .NET, Visual Studio, SQL Server, Oracle SQL, PTC Thingworx / other IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things)
- Excel VB, Access VB, ASP, Java Scripting, HTML, PHP, Linux
- Desired experience: PTC ThingWorx Platform, SAP and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)/Synchrono, general networking concepts.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, problem solving, time management and planning skills
- Ability to successfully work independently with little supervision while consistently utilizing initiative and good judgment.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent customer service skills for internal and external (written and verbal) communication purposes
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://careers.sumitomorubber-usa.com/x/openings.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.