|Title:||Industrial Engineer/Continuous Improvement|
|Location :||Tonawanda, NY|
Industrial Engineer/Continuous Improvement
Position Summary: Responsible for all of the Buffalo Plant Industrial Engineering activities and functions to support both the short term and long term manufacturing objectives through efficient and cost effective programs.
Reports to: Continuous Improvement Manager/Business Center Manager
- Through detailed analysis and problem solving techniques, develops and implements programs and procedures to maximize equipment and process utilization and overall product quality.
- Collects data on production performance, and develops and utilizes new and established metrics to provide direction to managers to improve product quality and overall plant performance.
- Assists Training Department to develop and implement training programs to improve product knowledge, employee performance and general problem solving skills.
- As required, participates, leads and develops programs to expand employee participation and improve overall communication.
- Utilizes Production Simulation and Theory of Constraints to identify bottlenecks in manufacturing processes.
- Represents management in union management contract negotiations and/or disputes pertaining to Industrial Engineering related matters.
- Assists in developing performance indicators, budgets, capital expenditures, capacities, layouts, methods, and training programs to support the long term viability of the Buffalo Plant to provide quality products at a competitive cost.
- Responsible for machine and labor cycle times in the standard cost system.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Output Standards for all equipment using the MOST system.
- Is committed to and promotes teamwork throughout the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of work experience in Industrial Engineering in a manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated analytical, verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Access & Word.
- Excellent Skills in writing Macros for Excel.
- Solid Teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Union experience preferred.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Requires strong communication, analytical and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in teams.
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at www.sumitomorubber-usa.com
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.